March 8, 2013

That Man of Mine...

I am truly blessed when it comes to the men in my life.  They are courageous, funny and smart.  Other skills vary from computer genius to life of the party to renaissance man.  I happen to be married to the renaissance man.  He is always working to improve our humble abode.  You can see his latest endeavors below. 



We have an amazing neighbor, which is a rare thing these days; unfortunately he may be moving soon.  My husband has always lived by the policy "a good fence makes a good neighbor" so we prepared for whomever may end up s our neighbor by making a simple cedar line fence.  I am one who thinks fences are un-welcoming, but even I am glad to have the fence. 



His other project is even more useful...he made an arch out of a cedar branch for our bird feeders.  We have some very silly birds that inhabit our front yard.  The wren (above) and her mate spend the majority of the day chiding each other, and then decide that last years dead hanging geranium plant is the best place to set aside their differences in the hopes of some sleep.  Sound like any couple you know? 

I know it is hard to make a relationship work...there is a reason that they call it work.  Even though my renaissance man and I have had our hard times, the deep rooted and underlying commitment to one another and respect for one another eventually drowns out the intermittent "chiding" of our day to day lives. 

I know that sometimes we confuse Christianity as a "religion", but in reality it too is a relationship.  Many times in the Old Testament, God punished the Israelites for forgetting about Him.  We need to remember to work not only on our earthly relationships, but our eternal one also.  How are your relationships doing?

The description of this blog is "A Source for Simple Living"...  the simplest, best, most fulfilling way to live is in a relationship with God through Christ Jesus.  He is the Source.

Till Next Time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment